Principal Lifecycle Manager
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Are you interested in playing a crucial part in the development of FM services? This is a fantastic opportunity to join our FM Projects & Energy team, supporting all Amey FM accounts across the UK. We are looking for Principal Lifecycle Managers across various locations including but not limited to Bradford, London and Northampton.
What will your day look like?
You will be working as part of a new team to manage a variety of portfolios of major multidisciplinary or large single discipline projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans. As part of this position, you will have full responsibility to deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash. You play a key part in managing the life cycle of assets such as maintenance of building fabrics in prisons and schools, sustainable life cycle, alterations, strategy and plan and complete financial reports.
What do you need to be Successful in this role?
- Degree or higher level qualification in suitable Construction or Engineering discipline
- Full Corporate Member of recognised engineering / Construction or Project Management institution
- Computer literate, MS Office suite and experienced in the use of– MS Project, Primevera
- Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems
- Extensive experience on Construction / Building Fabric and Engineering projects
- Experience in the senior management of multidisciplinary teams
- Target driven, supporting and contributing to continuous improvement
- Effective leader able to take and be accountable for decisions
- Has a clear understanding of PPP / NEC3 / SBC contract and related market dynamics
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
- Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
- Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills
- Flexible worker, as the position is office based, but may require visits to clients, suppliers, third parties and work sites as required
- Work on site during weekday nights, at weekends and bank holidays will be required occasionally
- IOSH managing safely
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
What makes this role unique?
You be responsible for the management of improvement and maintenance project works and across Amey FMs diverse Schools estate, managing all aspects of change control and variations and provide direct interface with our Clients. You will act as a bid manager on tenders for bid opportunities of varying value, and Deputise for the National Lifecycle and Capital Projects Manager / Operations Director, when required.