Development Project Manager
- Relevant business or property tertiary qualifications
- Post graduate qualifications desirable
- Experience in integration of infrastructure, public realm and built form
- Relevant post-qualification experience in an infrastructure design or delivery role
- Experience of achieving client requirements in respect of urban regeneration, commercial and residential projects & mixed use
- Driving the provision of infrastructure in the urban regeneration process
- Experience of dealing / negotiating with the major utilities and integration into projects
- Experience of the management of completed public realm and the interface with development works
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- Extensive design and project management skills from concept to delivery; ensuring we deliver on the LL commitment to creating 'The Best Places'
- Solid understanding of urban regeneration and the role that public realm and infrastructure plays in creating successful places.
- Sound understanding of brand value and place creation and ability to advocate the role of infrastructure in place creation
- Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion skills and experience in negotiating best project outcomes with building teams
- Robust data gathering and analytical skills - the ability to draw data and information from a broad range of sources
- Extensive experience and understanding of planning and authority approval processes and issues and demonstrate a proven ability to work with authorities and utilities to achieve project objectives
- Thorough understanding of construction techniques, practices and how they impact on design and on-site delivery
- Strong programming skills and early forecasting of time challenges to ensure resolved early without material impact to the program.
- Strong commercial acumen - cost management including forecasting and provisioning.
- Sound understanding of civil engineering and services costs and delivery within set financial targets
- Knowledge of EH&S legislation and requirements and a strong commitment to designing for a safe environment
- Knowledge of sustainability and a strong commitment to innovation in designing for the environment
- Solid understanding on whole of life decision making and development / finance drivers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Work with the Development Manager to create a brief for public realm and infrastructure to meet the aspirations for the project.
- Lead the design and delivery of the utility infrastructure from due diligence and site investigation works, including water, sewer, stormwater, public realm and roadways, heat networks, gas, electricity, telecoms, security and other elements - as part of making informed investment decisions and providing a platform for future development plots
- Lead the design and delivery of the softer infrastructure works from due diligence and site investigation works, including the public realm, activation strategy and overall place making - as part of making informed investment decisions and completing the place between the development plots.
- Work with the plot teams to ensure that the interests of buildings, infrastructure and place are fully resolved and integrated
- To progress projects through the development process including the following stages: design / development brief, internal project gateways and milestones, phasing, cost plan and capital expenditure, infrastructure cost allocation to plots, legal agreements, risk management and reporting.
- Challenge design solutions where necessary, propose creative and innovative design solutions and implement. Generally add value and deliver best practice design outcomes
- Generate innovative business solutions and translate these into practical actions
- Prepare & maintain a development programme for infrastructure including phasing plan and gateway review points and conscious of contractual commitments.
- Participate in, and prepare information for, bids for new projects, including the development of innovative solutions tailored to suit particular stakeholders.
- Assist with establishing sustainability strategy and Targets and monitoring into the design and delivery.
- Pre-construction contractor engagement / contract negotiations with contractor (expected to be Lend Lease Construction)