IT Risk & Control Specialist
Do you have exceptional attention to detail? Are you looking to boost your career within IT Risk and Controls? Do you want to work for a Bank that has been awarded the ‘Most trusted Financial Provider’ for two years running!? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
At Metro Bank we value our customers and colleagues above everything else, and for this reason we make sure that the right measures are always in place and controlled, to manage all risks that may affect them. As a Risk and Controls Specialist, you will join our IT Governance team, where you will provide support to maintain important risk and control measures across all IT functions. You will work with first line teams to asses and record control effectiveness and drive controls within IT Governance.
So what would you be doing?...
• Performing a number of key IT control procedures
• Working closely with internal and external stakeholders
• Performing risk and control assessments across a wide number of IT specialisms
• Assisting with the maintenance of a number of documents
• Working together with colleagues to coordinate external audit activities across the Bank’s IT functions
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Comfortable prioritising several tasks and pieces of work
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Some relevant experience within an IT Audit, Assurance or Risk and Controls role
• A good understanding of IT processes and governance
• Knowledge of IT frameworks such as COBIT & ITIL
• Experience working within a fast pace dynamic environment
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!