Head of Enterprise Architecture
Are you a leader in the Enterprise Architecture field? Can you guide and nurture colleagues to be the best they can be? Are you fanatical about new technologies? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Enterprise Architecture, you will build a new team within an established architecture function to provide game changing solutions. You will nurture a culture of business-focused technology leadership and design. This is a fantastic opportunity to build a new team, shaped by your vision, within a rapidly growing Bank. You will represent Metro Bank across the entire technology spectrum, including Digital, Application, Information, Integration, Infrastructure and Security architectures.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with key stakeholders to understand our capabilities, requirements and objectives
• Providing strategic technology leadership
• Developing and maintaining technology baselines, target-states and road maps
• Completing horizon and market scanning to support new technology suggestions
• Communicating concepts and capabilities to our business leaders
• Supporting our Chief IT Officer and Chief Financial Officer in the annual business planning process
• Compromising between stakeholder requirements and technologies needed
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Proven experience as a Head of Enterprise Architect or a similar leadership role
• Able to communicate with a wide range of IT specialists, suppliers and business stakeholders
• The capability to drive, govern and support establishing architecture functions
• A strong understanding of architecture frameworks
• Experienced in designing and implementing business strategy, with a strong technical component
• Able to apply IT Governance best practice and reference models such as COBIT
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!