Head of Non-Production Environments
Are you able to champion an exceptional IT service and delivery? Do you have a can do attitude to solving challenging problems? Can you strike a good balance between delivery and process maturity? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
With a record number of new accounts being opened with Metro Bank, we are determined more than ever to continue to provide the best technologies to support our amazing colleagues to deliver an amazing service. As the Head of Non Production Environments, you will define and own the delivery of non-production environment strategies, policies, roadmaps and delivery excellence for the Bank. You will make sure the quality of environment provisioning supports the wider change and transformation agenda.
So what would you be doing?...
• Provisioning all non-production environments across multiple technologies
• Managing the non-production environments delivery team to provide technical oversight and act as point of escalation for technical and delivery challenges
• Refining and embedding a revised non-production environments strategy and approach
• Making sure all non-production environments are scheduled and delivered to meet and support on-going projects and the wider Metro Bank change programme
• Making sure we follow best practice, whilst managing internal delivery and quality
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• In-depth knowledge in the creation and maintenance process of environments as a leader
• Prior line or environments team management experience
• Experienced with the creation and implementation process, relating to provisioning and quality assurance
• A good understanding of IT infrastructure
• Experienced with digital channels and systems within Banking, as well as the retail banking process, such as payments and cards
• Technical experience with most of the following: T24, Linux/Windows, Web Server technologies and databases
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!