Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Joining us as a Vehicle Technician within our busy workshop team, will mean carrying out motor vehicle servicing and repairs to approved standards as well as delivering unbeatable customer service every time.
Our Vehicle Technicians carry out diagnosis while undertaking a wide range of servicing and repair work on customer vehicles. As a Vehicle Technician you will ensure effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of customer vehicles while building long lasting and effective working relationships with customers and colleagues.
All Vehicle Technicians are responsible for accurately completing repair and service records as well as any other appropriate activities and supporting company policy and best practice. You will analyse work orders carefully to understand a vehicle's condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
What we're looking for
- The ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- A minimum of NVQ level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Demonstrates an honest and diligent approach to work
- Has a flexible approach to time-keeping
- Systematic and organised; pays attention to the finer details
- Previous Vehicle Technician diagnostic experience would be an advantage and an understanding of automotive systems and functionalities
- Prestige vehicle experience would be an advantage
- A full and valid UK Driving Licence
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.