WorldSkills UK is dynamic, results driven charity that wants to change the national conversation about skills and young people. Our ambition is to become a data rich and data savvy organisation to help develop our value and credibility through our data insights. We are looking for an experienced individual who can take ownership of this new data project within our organisation. The right candidate will have great interpersonal skills to both understand the needs of end users of systems, but also to appreciate the strategic requirements of our data and help drive the data related ambitions of our organisation.
This is a contract role (12 months with the potential to extend) which would suit a business analyst or someone who has worked at a senior level on data projects. They should have an appetite to lead and create a platform which has real impact within an organisation embracing change. Experience of data management solutions is essential as this is the experience gap we are trying to plug!
We believe this will be appealing to an individual with the experience we are lacking, but who requires the flexibility of a 3 or 4 day working week and occasional working from home.
WorldSkills UK needs to become a data rich and data savvy organisation to help develop our value and credibility through our data analysis and insights.
The purpose of this role is to take ownership and drive the development of WorldSkills UK’s data management. This will involve creating and implementing a strategy relating to better use of existing data held, plus identifying data we need to be collecting and exploiting in the future to substantiate our impact.
- Take the lead role in understanding the value of the data we currently hold, what data we need to be collecting and how we make better use of it all, for organisational development and to create commercial opportunities.
- Collaborate across the organisation to leverage data sources for insights and impact reporting.
- Understand the system requirements of our national competition cycle in order to scope, cost and source a suitable supplier to build and manage a system for these needs. This will include:
- Competitor online registration
- Online marking system
- FTP functionality/ File storage
- Online tests
- Forum functionality for training managers
- Reporting facility
- Research, scope and implement a CRM system which meets the current needs of the organisation. Work with Marketing and Commercial Development teams to ensure the solution will be fit for purpose and have buy in from all parties.
- Take a lead role internally (with support from an external supplier) to project manage the actions required to ensure the organisations activities are GDPR compliant, and to lead on all areas of data governance.
Summary of Terms and Conditions
- The salary for this role is £36,360 (3 days a week) £48,480 (4 days a week) per annum, pro-rata.
- Contract duration – 12 months with the potential to extend
- Normal place of work is First Floor, 151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SZ.
- Normal working hours are 21 hours or 28 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
- 25 days annual leave pro-rata plus public and bank holidays.
- The offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.
- Salaries are paid monthly by direct transfer on or about 21st of the month.