Lead Software Engineer - PHP, Node, Java
Are you passionate about creating great software with stories of their triumphs?
Will your ideas help us to develop our next generation platform?
Here at Sky Betting & Gaming you'll be responsible for ensuring our customers get the best online gaming experience possible and that new customers can sign up and start playing with the least possible fuss.
Some of our unique challenges...
Sky Betting & Gaming is an international online gaming operator with an annual profit of over £100m. As a business we obsess over stability, scalability and security to ensure the customer experience is as consistent and enjoyable at our peak times as it is during quieter hours.
We typically peak at approx 6,000 bets placed per minute & a few hundred game spins/minute for example, a significantly higher transactional rate than Amazon UK on Black Friday! Our traffic loads at major events can peak at over 16,000 bets per minute & 24,000 logins per minute.
How will you do it?
There's no hard and fast rules on how a Lead Software Engineer will work at Sky Betting & Gaming. We appreciate individuals who work differently, however this is the kind of experience that we would have in mind:
- Your front-end engineering skills mean you have a passion for good visual design and well thought out customer experience
- Understand considerations such as performance, browser support and unit testing
- We've recently moved to a React/Redux stack, making use of tools such as Babel and Webpack to ensure we deliver a high quality user experience
- Your backend engineering skills cover message queues and event sourcing, you know what goes into building a good RESTful APi.
- We don't want to limit ourselves so bring your experience of other technologies, help us build better software!
What can we do for you?
- Chance to work for 7th best technology company in the UK according to the Glassdoor 2018 employee choice awards
- Tech Ninja Fund - £1K towards self-development in technology (People use this to go to worldwide tech conferences, buy books, buy kit etc.)
- 10% of your working week dedicated to your own L&D
- Flexible working hours where possible
- Social Events - Tech talks, Summer Festival, Pizza & beer fridge events, York Races, Xmas Party, Cycling Sportive, Charity ball, team building events etc.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.