Solutions Architect (Part time 2 / 3 days per week)
For this role we are looking at someone to work 2 to 3 days per week, days & hours between Monday to Friday can be to suit your own circumstances.
As a Solutions Architect in the Bet Tribe at Sky Betting and Gaming you will be working within a team of Solutions Architects with responsibility for the SkyBet sportsbook, web and mobile sites, trading systems and and free to play sports games (Fantasy Football, Super6).
We are currently looking to recruit a Solutions Architect to take on responsibility for the architecture, integration and evolution of the critical 3rd party (OpenBet) software at the heart of our systems. This involves working closely with the supplier to ensure they are providing robust services that meet current and future functional and non-functional requirements, providing technical leadership of the solutions delivered and their integration and impact on the rest of our estate, and providing a single contact to co-ordinate the delivery or our future requirements.
What you'll do:
- To enable product delivery by providing high level technical designs which have been shared and agreed with the appropriate stakeholders within the business.
- Govern delivery by acting as the design authority during design/build/release, making sure that all areas have been considered (e.g., functional,. non-functional, security/compliance, etc) and design documentation exists and is accurate.
- Empower and help both in-house and 3rd party software delivery teams to make sensible technology choices, and advise on approaches that achieve both the functional and non-functional goals.
- Act as a subject matter expert being able to understand the overall solution requirements and suggest alternatives to better the solution and alleviate the challenges being addressed.
- Provide high-level feedback and feasibility/ball-park effort required to technically achieve a business objective, and work with the Head of Architecture and Principle Architect to keep such activity within the bounds of the overall technology strategy.
Lead the delivery of technical solutions
- Produce accurate and unambiguous functional technical documentation of projects prior to and during development for either in-house or 3rd party delivery teams
- Take a wider steer from the architecture community, and work closely with the business analyst and product owners to clarify, suggest and negotiate functional and non-functional requirements
- Work closely with Scrum Master/Project Managers and third parties to identify project dependencies, risks and timescales. At times it may be necessary to act as a project manager for smaller projects.
- Work with the technology community to understand technical constraints and ensure that solutions deliver within agreed boundaries/parameters.
- Perform a lead technical role with internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of coherent solutions.
- Work with 3rd parties to understand their capabilities and limitations and to design robust functional integrations that meet the business and technical requirements.
- Understand the development, testing and production environments and the processes that support these.
- Understand, refine and agree the non-functional requirements needed for solutions, and ensure that we are able to test those requirements have been met as part of the delivery.
- Creating specifications for 3rd party builds, including creation of delivery specifications and Statements of Work.
- Ensure that technical designs can be implemented and cost effective
- Support the selection of technology solutions, suppliers and delivery partners.
- Ensure that solutions are fit for purpose and are in line with the SB&G strategy
- Understand the impact of solutions on existing services
Provide technical leadership throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide technical consultancy and act as an escalation point for technical issues
- Provide advice, guidance and arbitrate between internal and external delivery teams to ensure that solutions comply with the high level design.
- Identify and manage technical risk, and lead any activities mitigating those risks.
- Support the definition and maintenance of technical standards and ensure solutions adhere to those standards.
- Perform technical Quality Assurance on all proposals for changes to the technical environment to ensure compliance with standards and consistency with the overall technical architecture and strategy
- Provide input to the test planning process and ensure that solutions are both functionally and non-functionally testable.
- Provide steer and guidance on non-functional testing requirements and approaches.
- Work with the architecture and product community to better understand the future demand and requirements for our technology services
- Produce high level architecture proposals, and new business cases when required.
- Produce reference documentation for existing services and components as required.
- Keep up to date with developments within the market, industry and technology landscape.
- Carry out and document structured evaluations of technologies, products and suppliers which may be of future use within the company.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.