Patient Admin Officer- New Malden, Surrey
About The Facility
The New Malden Diagnostic Centre is a state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatment centre situated in New Malden, Surrey. The centre offers the very latest in diagnostic imaging along with consulting rooms giving us the ability to diagnose and manage a comprehensive range of conditions for babies, children and adults.
As part of the team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization known worldwide for its outstanding service.
You would be working to provide an administrative service to patients, consultants and third parties to facilitate the overall care and financial aspects of all patients.
To support the facility as a whole ensuring prompt management of information in order for the patient admin department to achieve an efficient regulated finance function and provide a first class level of service to all customers.
Salary is between £20,140 - £24,662 per annum plus HCA benefits
Monday - Thursday - Between 07:45 - 16:00 or 12:00 - 20:00
Friday 07:45 - 16:00 or 09:00 - 17:00.
Working hours 37.5 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the correct procedure is followed with regard to HCA outpatient registration and appointments
- To liaise with patients, consultants and insurance companies on all aspects relating to the appointments, registration, care and financial aspects of all patients
- Provide admin support for opening hours 8am til 8pm
- Collection of patient cash, credit card and cheque payments via the Cashier function
- Recording of payment methods onto our inhouse database system
- Reconciling the banking on a daily basis and maintain secure cash handling process
- To answer all queries in a professional and efficient manner
- Report to and assist Senior Patient Admin Officer in all aspects of billing patient accounts
- Raising invoices and adjustments to patient accounts
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in similar position
- Sound understanding of the healthcare profession
- Financial qualification or currently studying towards one is desirable
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Accurate and timely work required
- Ability to work under pressure
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate a willingness to support others. They will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.