COMMUNICATION & ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Are you a person that gets excited about communication and engagement? Are you a person whose natural approach is to collaborate, shape and challenge? Is communication technology one of your areas of expertise? Do you have a desire to connect people to create an environment where they can give of their best? Do you thrive in situations of change where you need to take the lead? We are hiring a Communication and Engagement specialist to work closely with us on our “Road to Digital” and our transformation into an agile working environment. We want you to help build a fun and happy workplace where teams of Software Engineers will create, innovate and thrive. Your role will be to lead on engagement and communication – the messages; channels; audiences and technology. We are a busy, fast-paced and challenging environment. You will need to work through and alongside people to shape the agenda.
- Support the people strategy through aligning the communication and engagement agenda
- Produce, co-ordinate and publish messages, creating the tone and information that is shared to support our digital transformation
- Conceptualise and implement innovative and exciting communication and engagement initiatives that support the attraction and retention of great people to Isban; the objective is to inspire, energise and engage employees to be the best that they can be
- Keeping close to stakeholders (including senior leaders) to be able to translate thoughts into messages
- Create media messages (articles; videos; texts etc.) to share information on project progress, project success role models and Isban UK events
- Be able to strike the right tone, develop appropriate content and communicate messages across Isban UK
- Understand and use technology for messaging that will excite and attract busy software engineers, and that will shape the culture
- Work collaboratively with other internal communication departments to leverage expertise and to share messages
- Personally be able to technically facilitate the production of photographs, videos, internet articles etc.
- Organise events like conferences and various engagement events
- Obviously strong communication and teamworking skills!
- Excellent command of the English language
- Orientation to understanding and interpreting data, for instance how to measure success
- First-hand experience of using the latest technology for communication, as well as SharePoint; video; texts etc.
- “Can-do” approach - ability to think strategy and act delivery simultaneously
- Strongly collaborative
- An understanding of what agile means in a Fin-tech world, plus the mind-set and culture required
- Politically astute to navigate in a complex, fast moving and multi-agenda environment
- Experience of shaping culture and engagement
- Deep communication experience, ideally in a Fin-Tech or similar environment
- This role will require relocation to the UK so candidates must be eligible for a work permit and be in a position to successfully apply for one.
- Competitive starting salary plus bonus
- Opportunities to work in an agile working environment
- Leading edge technology projects
- Regular ‘Meet Ups’ on topical technologies
- Technology Communities
- A commitment to your ongoing development and a Lynda.com license
- Flexible Working opportunities
- A range of Family Friendly policies
- Minimum 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and ‘flexi holidays’ enabling you to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- 5 paid ‘Selfie Days’ per year; four days for your Personal Development and one day to support the community
- Plus an extensive selection of corporate benefits including a generous pension scheme and medical insurance
We're committed to supporting our people in meeting their commitments outside of work, and offer a range of flexible work options including part-time, job share, career breaks, flexible holiday and flexible parenting options.